The importance of maintaining a desalination plant
The National Transformation Program aims to develop the necessary infrastructure and create an enabling environment for the public, private and non-profit sectors to achieve the Kingdom’s Vision 2030, by focusing on achieving excellence in government performance, supporting digital transformation, contributing to the development of the private sector, developing economic partnerships, and promoting community development. and ensuring the sustainability of vital resources, Therefore, maintaining a desalination plant is one of the important steps that must always be taken into account.
Attention to desalination plants is one of the most vital resources that must be developed. Building and maintaining plants, rationalizing use, and providing alternative solutions such as sewage desalination plants, using their water for industrial purposes, and irrigating gardens.
Why periodic maintenance is necessary:
- Avoiding malfunctions that are difficult to repair.
- Save the time that can be prolonged if the station is exposed to serious problems.
- Ensuring access to the highest quality water.
Maintaining a desalination plant steps:
There are many industrial activities that depend entirely on water treatment plants. Therefore, it is important to pay attention to the periodic maintenance of desalination plants, wastewater treatment, and gray water treatment systems. Below are the details of the maintenance work that must be carried out on a regular basis:
- Repair of all mechanical works of the stations to work to the fullest.
- Monthly visits by the maintenance team on a monthly basis according to the type of station.
- Provide the necessary filters.
- Ensure that all necessary chemicals are available.
- Examine the raw water and the generated water on each visit to ensure the quality of the water and not to increase the salinity.
- The permanent presence of a technician trained on how to operate the station and change the filters if necessary, in the event of any technical failure in the station.
- In the event of any emergency malfunction, the trained technician will contact the installation and maintenance company to schedule an emergency appointment.
- Replacing the membranes that specialize in desalination and usually need to be changed according to the amount of water used, and usually ranges from six months to one or two years depending on the salinity of the water in the artesian well and the amount of its use and the cost of one membrane according to the size and type.
- Maintenance and replacement of pumps as needed
- Wash the membranes or replace them according to the condition of the membranes
- Replace the filter gasket, whether it is sand or carbon
- Review the station’s electrical panel or any electrical installations specific to the station
- Ensure that there are no leaks in the station plumbing