The effect of magnetic treatment on dates cultivation
In an effort to be the first exporter of dates globally. And in order to be a key center for the development and sustainability of the Saudi date palm sector, so that the dates of the Kingdom will be the first choice in the world. We were able to create an integrated system of agricultural, marketing, and knowledge services and adopt modern technologies, to achieve production efficiency and increase the rate of consumption of Saudi dates locally and globally.
Objectives of the International Dates Conference
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia celebrated the International Date Conference on August 26, 2021. Among its main objectives:
- Introducing the high nutritional values of dates and ways to stimulate global consumption
- Opportunities to develop and develop dates industries
- The Kingdom’s efforts to preserve the quality of the inherited Saudi dates and stimulate its export
- Exchanged global experiences for the sustainability of the palm and dates sector
- Global business opportunities in the dates sector
- Recent developments in research for the development of the palm and dates sector
The role of the Kingdom in the production of dates globally
- The Kingdom is the second country in the production of dates in the world
- The number of countries that Saudi dates reach is 107
- Total domestic production 1539,755 tons annually
- There are 120 million palm trees in the world, one million of which are in Saudi Arabia
- Dates exports billion Riyal in 2020, and the goal is to raise them to 2.5 billion in 2025
Water needs of date palms
The issue of the date palm’s need for water is an essential thing for its growth. So it is necessary to constantly provide quantities of water to the palm and that the soil around the root area of the tree is always wet to obtain maximum growth and production of fruits. Despite the unique composition of the palm tree, which enables it to resist drought and thirst for long periods. However, it needs irrigation water at frequent intervals during the year. Especially in the spring months before flowering, and the summer months before the fruits ripen.
Irrigation rates according to the growth stage of the palm
The water needs of the palm vary according to the climate and the season of the year. Low temperature, as in winter, slows the growth and reduces evaporation, which reduces or stops the need for water. With the increase in low temperature over time, growth, evaporation, and transpiration increase, and then the need for water until it reaches its peak in June and July.
The seedling growth stage plays an important role in irrigation. After growth is dormant in winter, where irrigation is low to a minimum (once every 10-14 days), abundant irrigation is carried out prior to pollination. It is preferable to stop irrigation after pollination or reduce it to a large extent, as its increase may cause the fruiting nodes to drop, especially if the soil is not well permeable (with poor drainage), but irrigation should be increased during the second half of fruiting. Because it causes the large size and quality of the fruits.
After the fruits reach their final size (before the ripening stage), it is preferable to reduce irrigation to speed up the ripening of the fruits and raise their quality. After the fruit ripens, it is preferable to increase irrigation (for a short period), to compensate for the palm tree and stimulate it to form pollen, then gradually reduce the amount of irrigation until the coming of winter. Irrigation is also performed with a curving process. It is preferable to water in the early morning times before the temperature rises.
In general, it is recommended to water the palm once every 4-7 days in summer and every 10-14 days in winter, and every 8-9 days in periods of moderate temperature. Of course, these estimates are affected by soil factors, the variety, and the size of the palm.
Fertilizer needs of the palm
The issue of the needs of palm trees for fertilizers is a topic of particular importance, as the palm is affected by the quality, quantity, and period of adding fertilizers to it, and this depends on the quality and fertility of the soil, the type of palm, its age and the nature of its load. Adding organic and chemical fertilizers to palm trees increases their growth represented by: elongation of the fronds, growth of the trunk, the number of flowers, and the production of fruits. The addition of fertilizers, especially organic fertilizers, is important in improving the physical properties of the soil and helps to increase the water permeability of the soil from it to the soil, which plays an important role.
Since nitrogen is one of the most influential nutrients for fruits. One palm needs nitrogen by (8.1 – 7.2 kg) per year. Therefore, in most areas of palm cultivation, large quantities of organic or chemical fertilizers are added. Which contain a high percentage of nitrogen in addition to phosphorous and potassium.
As we mentioned in this article the benefits of magnetic treatment of irrigation water. And being the ideal solution to get the best types of dates, while saving the use of irrigation water, and saving the use of agricultural fertilizers.
Uses of the Magnolith device for cultivation
- Helps seed growth and thus increases plant growth.
- Efficient irrigation water use reduces water consumption.
- Increase fertilizer efficiency which reduces production costs.
- It works to kill and reduce the number of harmful microbes in the soil.
- It works to wash the soil with an increase of three times the regular water.
- Producing an early crop not less than 15 days, thus obtaining a high price for the quality of the crop.
- Increasing the plant’s ability to resist pests and diseases reduces the use of pesticides and thus reduces costs.
- Planting palm trees give an early crop and a large size of the fruit.