Magnetic treatment of irrigation water
Magnetic treatment of irrigation water has many advantages that prompt us to resort to it in light of the current global water problems.
Finding a solution to water issues in terms of its pollution and scarcity in recent years has become an important topic in the world that concerns all governments, and since the old methods used in raw water treatments in desalination plants by adding chlorine, fluoride, and ammonium salts have proven their harmful effects on human, animal and plant health, leading to the formation of The so-called dead water, which is water that has lost many of its vital properties causing various health problems, just as the chlorine used for sterilization reacts with organic matter forming carcinogenic substances, and based on the great importance of water from a physiological and biological point of view, that water had to be of a high degree of purity. Purity and free of pollutants, so it is necessary to use modern and advanced methods of water treatment, such as the use of magnetic treatment techniques, as this method has unique advantages, is safe and does not affect the environment, is simple, and has a low operational cost.
Why do we resort to magnetic treatment for water:
Magnetic treatment technology provides changing some properties of water and benefiting from those changes in many fields related to industry, agriculture, health, poultry, and livestock.
Water is classified as one of the materials that acquire and retain magnetic energy after the removal of the influence but retain its biophysical properties.
The process of magnetic treatment for water works to restore and strengthen the lost properties of water that occur in desalination processes or environmental pollution.
The magnetic treatment properly reorganizes the water charges.
Many studies and research have been conducted to measure the effectiveness of magnetic treatment for water, and many results have been proven, including the following:
- Water temperature is not affected by magnetic treatment as this provides the right temperature for plants in their ideal environment.
- Magnetic treatment of water does not affect the PH of the water
- Magnetic treatment increases the percentage of dissolved oxygen, as experiments have shown an increase in the dissolved oxygen concentration rates in the magnetically treated water, which in turn leads to the killing of germs.
Since agricultural production is an essential component of the national income, it was necessary to work on solving any problems it faces to improve and increase the productivity of agricultural land.
Given that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is located in the semi-arid climatic region, this leads to an increase in the problems of agriculture, especially with the scarcity of water resources available. And the increase in salinity in it, which increases the problems faced by farmers, whether in terms of affecting or reducing productivity, or the need to use more quantities of fertilizers, which increases production costs.
Therefore, it has become necessary to work on improving agricultural production, increasing the cultivated areas, whether through horizontal or vertical expansion, as well as preserving the cultivated areas from desertification that creeps over large areas of agricultural land or the exposure of these lands to salinization as a result of the increase in the percentage of salt in irrigation water, especially water wells.
Therefore, the use of magnetic treatment helps to overcome the problem of irrigation water salinity and thus the possibility of growing the required crops.
How is the magnetic treatment of irrigation water?
By generating a strong magnetic field through devices such as the Magnolith device around the water through the wall of irrigation water pipes, which affects the natural and chemical properties of water and changes it for the better, as we mentioned previously.
What are the most important specifications that must be met in magnetic treatment for water devices?
The efficiency of the devices used varies depending on several factors, including the type of magnet used, the quality of its manufacture, as well as the material from which the device is made, as follows:
- The device must be made of stainless steel that is highly resistant to rust, as the device can be placed in the soil to reduce its exposure to the sun.
- It is preferable that the device be one part, as the presence of the device in two halves reduces its efficiency as a result of its easy exposure to erosion factors, which reduces its validity period.
- Preferably, it does not require any electrical power source or wired connection.
- It must be away from any generator with a capacity of 3 phase
- It is installed after the water outlet as well as after the tanks because water storage loses its treatment effect if stored for a long time.
The most important benefits of using magnetic treatment for irrigation water:
- Neutralizing the harmful effect of sodium chloride on plants, which improves their growth.
- It prevents the formation of lime deposits inside the irrigation pipes, which leads to an increase in their efficiency.
- Increases seed germination rates.
- It leads to an increase in soil water retention, which helps the overall growth of the plant.
- increases irrigation efficiency, and reduces the amount of irrigation water used by about 30%.
- Increased fertilizer efficiency means lower costs and easier fertilizer to absorb the fertilizer.
- Increasing oxygen in the soil, which improves the efficiency of root growth.
- It helps in solving the problem of soil pressure that accumulates over time, which improves the water and air balance in the soil.
- It increases root growth due to faster absorption of soluble nutrients and thus helps plant growth.
- Increases the efficiency of washing salts in the soil (three times the capacity of ordinary water).
- The availability of elements increases for the plant, which facilitates their absorption and helps to improve the growth of the vegetative and fruitful complex, as iron absorption increases by 9 times, zinc increases by 5 times, while phosphorous increases 3 times, while manganese increases at a rate of only 0.80%, while nitrogen absorption has not been significantly affected.
- It increases the amount of yield on average by 40-50%.
- Reducing the rate of plant disease by 60-70%.
- It reduces nematode infection by killing the larvae and removing the entire insect from the root area.