Magnetic treatment in fish farms
The role of fish farms in supporting the national economy
Fish farms are a supportive sector for the national economy and are attractive to local and international investments. The National Program for the Development of the Fisheries Sector in the Kingdom, which was approved by the Council of Ministers by Resolution No. (514), and supervised by the Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture; A comprehensive national strategy to develop the fisheries sector and enhance its sustainable economic and development role.
One of the objectives of the program is to achieve optimum use of the Kingdom’s natural resources in the field of fisheries, support the aquaculture sector to increase its contribution to the gross national product, achieve self-sufficiency and cover the Kingdom’s needs of seafood, in addition to diversifying sources of income and supporting the economy in the Kingdom.
The beginning of fish farms in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
The beginning of fish farming in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was 35 years ago. Based on recommendations made by international bodies to the Kingdom. Within the study of the status of fisheries in the Kingdom. The first steps were to cooperate with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the International “FAO” to establish the Fish Farms Center in Jeddah (currently the Jeddah Fisheries Research Center) in 1982. In order to study the local species suitable for aquaculture of fish, introduce hatchery and culture techniques, train national cadres, and carry out studies related to the selection of suitable sites for aquaculture, in addition to providing technical and advisory support to the aquatic farms emerging at that time.
What are fish farms?
It is the raising of specific types of aquatic organisms (fish, crustaceans, shellfish, algae, etc.), under human control and in controlled conditions, and within specific areas in earthen or concrete ponds or floating cages.
They are of two types:
The first type: fish farms in inland waters through special farms.
The second type: fish farms in salty seawater inside floating cages.
Why is fish farming important?
Due to the current increasing population increase, the demand for food increases. Which led to the widening of the nutritional gap between the supply and demand of food. Therefore, fish is a successful solution to reduce that gap.
One of the requirements of fish farms is to provide the water in which the fish live. Where it spends all the vital functions of breathing, food, and excretion. This leads to the deterioration of the properties of that water. Which requires changing the water in the basin with new water (1 ton of fish consumes 22,000 cubic meters of water).
The effect of magnetic water treatment on fish farming
- Treating pond water inside the fish tank, in order to keep the water properties from deteriorating. As a result, we do not need to change the tank water throughout the production period. The product of fish metabolism is nitrogen in the form of ammonia. Which is a toxic compound that requires changing the water to get rid of it at a rate of 10% per day.
- Among the properties of water that are affected by the magnetic field: surface tension, increase in dissolved oxygen in water, and electrical conductivity. And the change in the speed of chemical reactions, density and viscosity, and an increase in the ability to dissolve metals, salts, and vitamins.
- Increase the size of the fish in the magnetically treated tank.
- Improve the shape and vitality of the fish.
- The magnetized water changes its viscosity. Which makes swimming easier for the fish, and the fish do not need to make a great effort to move from one place to another. Which makes them gain weight.
- A noticeable increase in the activity of the magnetized fish. Due to the increase in the percentage of dissolved oxygen in the magnetized water.
- An increase in the absorption process inside the intestines, as magnetically treated water. Increases the rate of digestion and absorption of nutrients, especially sugar and protein. In addition to increasing the rate of oxygen delivery to all cells and tissues of the body.
If you have your own farm or are considering setting up one, contact us to learn more about magnetic therapy with the German Magnolith.